Moto Magazine

Now Reading:



Ken De Dycker scored third position overall under cloudy skies and changeable conditions at the Talkessel circuit in Teutschenthal for the Grand Prix of Germany and the ninth round of 15 in the FIM MX1 Motocross World Championship.

The Teka Suzuki World MX1 rider, who turned 25 years of age yesterday, took his RM-Z450 to seventh and second position in the two motos for his fourth trophy of the season and his first since round five at the GP of Portugal.


An increasingly-rough terrain combined with a fast layout caused traction and set-up issues for many riders and De Dycker was one of the individuals looking for the best configuration to tackle the surface. He started averagely in Moto1 in front of 35,400 spectators and was unable to make much of an impression on the leading group, moving from 10th to seventh.

Several tweaks to his machine for Moto2, and more determination off the line, led to a top-three slot on the opening lap. He followed local hope Max Nagl for a number of circulations before stealing past the German and recorded a runner-up position behind Antonio Cairoli; his first finish in the top-two since Agueda.

De Dycker is sixth in the World Championship standings and sits 29 points away from third place.

Ken De Dycker – 3rd:

“I am really happy to be back on the podium. The first moto was disappointing as I didn’t have a good start and couldn’t pass anybody. The lens came out of my goggles and it was really hard from the first moments. The second moto went really well and with the good start things were much easier. The track was rough today and it was better for me. Physically I am feeling OK. We changed the sprocket after the first moto and that made quite a difference because the power was almost too strong in the first. I gave myself a bit of a kick in the ass after the first moto and I wanted that good start. Once I was in the top three I got relaxed and into a rhythm and could push harder.”


Next up in Industry PR

Guarneri 6th at Teutschenthal